Monday, April 20, 2009

I Have an Athletic Supporter

hehehehehehehehehe

I couldn't resist.

Seriously, though, I do! Ben is the absolute, most amazing motivator on the face of the planet. I just have to say thank you to him. He encourages me when I am working out at home, he tells me how great I look, he PUSHES me to go buy clothes that will make me feel good and for the first time the other day he said I looked HOT. I have gotten beautiful, pretty, gorgeous, wonderful, etc...but there is something about your hubby telling you that you are HOT.

Then the other day, he took his athletic support (tee hee) to another level. Friday night we were going out for dinner and a movie and we had some time between the two events. He suggested we go kill some time at...drum roll please...Best Buy. *sigh* Every girls dream, right? But we start walking through and I realize he is walking with purpose, not just meandering through the televisions and video games like he typically does. We finally end in the MP3/IPod section. He takes me directly to the IPod Nano and tells me that he is so proud of what I have accomplished so far and that he wants me to have an IPod to listen to while I am working out...both to remind me of what I have already done and to encourage me to keep going. He also said that he knew I had wanted one for a long time, but because of the cost knew it was never something I would just get for myself. So, I got to pick out my favorite color (green) and that night when we got home he put the songs already on my computer onto the IPod. I have already used it a ton and LOVE it! Next I need to get an IPod arm thingy so I can hang with the cool kids at the gym. :)

On to weight loss for the week. After Easter weekend I actually wasn't as far off as I thought I would be. I hadn't gained...so YAY! for maintaining!

Weight 4/18/2009: 155.5
Total weight loss: 21.5 lbs!!!

I did go shopping this weekend too. I absolutely had to get new pants more than anything. Sunday morning I got up for church and couldn't find pants that didn't look like they were about to fall off my bum...or worse DID fall off my bum. To make matters worse I was singing at our new church for the first time EVER, and didn't want to look like a complete slob. So Sunday afternoon I went to the mall and got two new pairs of dress pants, a pair of capris, and pair of jeans...and a new top (in a Small!). When I returned home I cleaned out my closet and donated my clothing...no going back now! Some of the pants were 10's and a couple were 8's. I would say I am somewhere in between those two sizes right now, but honestly I don't care about the number right now. It is exciting to be able to drop a size, but those sizes can be so subjective (like I said, same shopping trip, three stores, two different sizes) that I am more concerned about how I feel and how I look than with the number.

Ah, I almost forgot. Teniah asked about training for the 5K. It is going well. Just tonight I did 3.25 miles in about 33 minutes! And now that it is nice consistently I am running some outside. My knees are a little cranky with me, so when I hit the asphalt I have to take it a little easier than on the treadmill or elliptical, but either way it just feels good to be able to go 3 miles at all...without dying that is :)

Ok, ladies, I still have my crunches, push ups and a little television before I can call it a night. Adios!

3 comments:

Teniah Ashlyn said...

That was such an amazing post - You should thank God every day for the support that you have in your husband. (While mine is so fabulous in so many other ways he isn't really very good with words or encouragement.) I just think it's amazing and I have to say that if I had a chance to talk to him I would thank him myself because that is SOOO huge for him to say that sort of stuff to you and to have bought you an IPOD!!! What a sweetie!! I am so proud of you too. I just think you have done amazing and I cannot wait for your 5K in 3 weeks!! Still lots of time to train on the asphalt but be careful not to over strain your knees. Anyway, thanks for sharing, I just think that was fabulous and well deserved!!

mindy said...

Awwwww, that is SO sweet! You are super blessed to have a husband that is such an awesome encourager! Go Ben!

You are doing so awesome on your goals and training! I can't wait to hear how the race goes...and I want to see race day pictures! =)

Anonymous said...

This is such a fantastic post! Your husband is amazing! You are doing great!