Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ugh!

It's been a bad week for working out and dieting. We started a big home improvement project on Saturday...or deck. We completely removed our old 8x8 deck, tore it apart, cut and bundled the wood, placed new footings for our new deck, framed it all and had it up on it's legs...and that was just on Saturday alone. Since then, Ben has been working diligently in the evenings to attempt to get it done. Between that, regular household chores, work and then G, something had to give. Unfortunatley, it was going to the gym. While Ben is outside working on the deck, G can't be out there, so I spend all of the daylight hours every evening chasing her around until bed time. Then I crash.

It's not meant as an excuse and I know I will be back into it soon as I am already feeling icky. I don't think I've gained, but the lack of physical exercise and activity has left me feeling somewhat lethargic. It does beg the question..."Why didn't I get into this habit sooner?" Obviously, my body and mind feel so much better when I'm active. So my goal is to go back to the gym on Saturday morning. The deck is almost competlely done (save for the staining and railings...but that will come later). And life can return to normal...whatever that is.

Later, ladies!

2 comments:

Teniah Ashlyn said...

It's awesome that you can see a difference in your energy level etc. when you work out! What an awesome feeling to know that all you are doing for your body is so worth it and rewarding!!! Keep up the good work, and don't be too hard on yourself when life gets in the way!!! You are doing awesome!

mindy said...

I can't wait to see a picture of the deck! =)

I just want to reiterate how amazing you're doing! You are such an inspiration!!