Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life After Pregnancy...Again

Well today my little girl is a month old. Can you believe it has already been that long? I know every new mom says that, but I sincerely cannot believe she has already been in my life that long...and yet I can't remember what it was like to NOT have her here!



With that said, I have a long road back to being fit. I am really out of shape (which was clearly shown when I attempted my 30 day shred video yesterday) and my body is pretty saggy and frumpy. I haven't weighed myself in some time, but here are the figures:



Pre-pregnancy: 152 (woo-hoo, I had lost 22 lbs!)

Pre-delivery: 196 (holy crap!)

Weigh in 3/2/2010 (2 weeks post partum, 2 weeks ago): 171 (yes that means I had already lost 25 lbs of the 44 I had gained)

Goal: 140



Before getting pregnant my size 10 jeans were too big and I was buying size 8 jeans (before Gracelynn I was wearing a size 8 easily, sometimes a size 6). I can now get into most of my size 10 jeans and while they are a little snug, they fit (button, zipper, the who she-bang). Obviously I still have a lot of extra skin and flub around the tummy region that will hopefully continue to go down.



I started the 30 day shred yesterday and intend to do that daily while I am still home with Shelby (4 more weeks). I am also trying to find time to make it to the gym. It is hard as I am the only source of food for Shelby at this time, but hope to get back into a routine in the next few weeks so it is on it's way to becoming a habit by the time I go back to work. I also have not been officially released to work out by my doctor so I am taking it easy when I do work out. I go on Friday the 19th for my checkup and hope to be released at that time.



I have also started wearing Shelby a lot as I do household tasks. This can't hurt the weight loss process and it keeps her close :)



Diet: Haven't really started cutting anything out as I am nursing. I drink LOTS of water, watch my portions at meals, and try to stick with healthy snacks in between (Yay for warmer weather and good fruit!). I know the diet portion will be easier once I am back to work...sitting around the house makes it easy to snack!!!



Ok ladies, here I go again. I will keep you posted.



Also, just so you know I have started a new personal blog. This is to replace the family blog we had previously (www.yrocks-squared.blogspot.com). You can now follow me at www.imperfectmadenew.blogspot.com. Thanks!

No comments: